1. Regional Headlines
• Most of the region continues with stable or improving seasonal conditions.
• Large proportions of CAR and South Sudan are in crisis or emergency.
• Pockets of below normal conditions in Kenya and Somalia where there is risk of further deterioration.
2. Country Details
• Seasonal deterioration – which had been accelerated by higher than normal temperatures – is expected to return to seasonal norms due to unseasonal rainfall.
• Onset of March - May rains across most of the region is currently expected to be normal.
• Areas of particular concern remain CAR and South Sudan. Impacts of continuing conflict in both countries could lead to greater deterioration in coming months.