Honduras: Current Acute Food Insecurity Overview in Southern Honduras Dec 2012 - Jan 2013
Región 13 - Valle y Choluteca
- The Valle and Choluteca is classified Phase 1 from 4 December 2012 to 31 January 2013. As from 31 January to 28 February 2013, Phase 1 is maintained for municipalities as Aramecina, Charity, Goascorán, Nacaome, Alliance, Amapala, San Lorenzo, Conception of Mary, Choluteca, El Corpus, El Triunfo, Marcovia, San Marcos Columbus and St. Anne Yusguare.
- The classification need to be reviewed for the municipalities of Apacilagua, Duyure, Morolica, Namasigue, Orocuina, Pespire, San Antonio Flores, San Isidro, San Jose, and San Francisco de Langue Coray.
- In Amapala, households dedicated to fishing could face a more complicated period due to an increasing pressure on resources in the Gulf and the tension on the jurisdiction of the water control.
- Contributing factors related to food safety are maintained at favourable levels or normal: no adverse weather events, grain prices below the historical average and employment opportunities.
- Last September, the food consumption level of households d in some municipalities was acceptable. Given that current conditions are more favourable than in September, it I is possible to infer this situation quite certainly.