The IPC Global Strategic Programme (2014-2016) was launched on February 27, 2014 through a webcasting and video conferencing event, from 10:00 to 12:00am.
Keynote speakers from the IPC Partner Agencies and Regional Inter-governmental Bodies presented the longer-term breakthrough approach to IPC rollout and implementation at all levels in 2014-2016.
Live presentations focused on the top priorities of the IPC Global Strategic Programme:
- IPC Institutionalization and Partnership at all levels;
- Consolidated and expanded capacity in IPC Acute Food Insecurity Analysis;
- Rollout of the IPC versions 1.0 Chronic Food Insecurity Classification;
- Piloting of the IPC version 1.0 of the Nutrition Classification;
- IPC Quality Review and Compliance Process; and,
- as ultimate goal, uptake of IPC analysis into decision-making and response analysis process.
The core panel was hosted by FAO-HQs Rome, Italy, and connected with delegates from the Regions and key stakeholders.